Apple Spice Oatmeal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk or water
1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Rinse the apple, remove the core and cut into small chunks.
- Bring the water or milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the oatmeal, salt and apple chunks. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute if using quick cooking oats or 7 to 10 minutes if using old fashioned rolled oats. Stir a couple times while cooking.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- To increase the apple flavor, use apple juice for all or part of the water. Mixing apple juice with milk may cause milk to curdle.