Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
Serving Size 1 banana
1 banana with peel
1 Tablespoon crushed pineapple
1 Tablespoon coconut flakes
- Leave the peel on the banana and make a deep cut down the long side through the peel and into the banana. Do not cut all the way through.
- Slightly pull the cut apart to make a pocket in the banana.
- Fill the pocket with crushed pineapple and top with coconut flakes.
- Wrap the banana in foil. Place on a grill or near the coals of a campfire
- Heat until warm, about 5 minutes at medium high heat.
- Carefully remove the foil packet from the heat. Let cool slightly and remove foil. The peel may be black but the inside will be warm and delicious.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Not grilling? Bake the foil packets in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Try other fillings – peanut butter, chopped nuts, other fruit, a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.