Broccoli and Everything Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size 2/3 cup
3 cups raw broccoli, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup raisins
1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cooked ham, chicken or turkey
1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
1⁄2 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Vinegar
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- In a large bowl mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and meat.
- Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding apples or jicama.
- You can use dried cranberries instead of raisins.
- This salad can be prepared the day before and stored in the refrigerator.