Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 16 servings
Serving Size 1/2 enchilada
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 cup salsa
1 1⁄2 cups corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
8 10" whole wheat flour tortillas
1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil or spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Mix beans, salsa, corn, and half of the cheese together in a bowl.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- This dish can be prepared in a microwave safe dish. Prepare as above and cook on HIGH in the microwave for 7-10 minutes or until steaming hot. Covering the dish will reduce spattering.
- Substitute pinto beans or kidney beans for the black beans.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.