Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 14 servings
Serving Size 1 filled shell
1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells (14 shells)
1 carton (15 ounces) low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
6 ounces shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced, or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon italian seasoning
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, beat egg in medium bowl. Add ricotta or cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour a little of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a rectangular baking pan to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Stuff shells with filling (about 2-3 rounded teaspoons per shell). Arrange stuffed shells in pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly over pasta.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
- Let rest 10 minutes outside of oven before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add Parmesan cheese to the filling mixture.
- Add your favorite spices to sauce for additional flavor.