Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin or 2 cups cooked mashed squash (such as Hubbard)
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cloves)
1 1⁄2 cups non-fat or 1% milk
1 package (3.5 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, salt and pumpkin pie spice together.
- Slowly stir in milk and mix well.
- Add instant pudding mix and stir for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.