Oriental Carrot Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
1⁄4 cup fine chopped green or red bell pepper
1⁄4 cup raisins or craisins
1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews or sunflower seeds
1⁄4 cup orange juice (juice from 1/2 orange)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- Combine carrots, peppers, raisins and sunflower seeds in a bowl.
- Combine orange juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey or sugar in a jar. Cover and shake to blend.
- Add the oriental salad dressing or your favorite salad dressing. Stir to blend.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to blend flavors.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.