Baked Berry Oatmeal
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
2 cups cane berries, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blackberries, marionberries)
1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until blended; Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, milk and melted butter.
- Pour wet Ingredients into the dry Ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the berries and stir lightly to evenly distribute. Pour mixture into 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours