Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
3 pounds fresh asparagus spears
1 Tablespoon oil
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash asparagus spears and trim off tough ends. Leave whole or cut into shorter lengths
- In a large bowl, toss spears with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place spears in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes or until the asparagus pieces are lightly browned. Thick spears will take a longer baking time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.