Fresh Veggie Pizza
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 wedges
Serving Size 2 wedges
1 package low-fat crescent rolls
4 ounces non-fat cream cheese
1⁄4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
1⁄2 cup non-fat sour cream
1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (or thyme)
1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
1⁄3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a baking sheet to bake. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and basil until smooth.
- Spread mixture on the cooled crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle the chopped vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try substituting whole wheat flour tortillas for crescent rolls.
- Use vegetables that are in season and lower in cost