One-Pan Chicken Alfredo
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes: 7 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1 large chicken breast, cubed (about one cup)
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Tablespoons flour
1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
1 3⁄4 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
3 cups dry penne pasta
2 cups broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cover; reduce heat; simmer until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.