Bread Pudding in the Microwave
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
3 slices whole grain bread
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup raisins
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1⁄4 cups non-fat or 1% milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter bread and cut into small cubes.
- Combine buttered and cubed bread, brown sugar and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Heat on high for 2-3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixture and lightly blend together.
- Microwave uncovered at 50% power for 5-8 minutes, or until edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt.