Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Serving Size 1 muffin
1 cup non-fat or 1% milk
1⁄3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup grated carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
1⁄2 cup raisins
1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix egg, milk, sugar, oil, carrots, raisins, walnuts and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir gently until flour is just moistened. Gently fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Morning Muffins freeze well and thaw quickly.