Chinese Ramen Cabbage Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
5 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups chopped broccoli (or try broccoli florets)
1 cup shredded carrot
1⁄2 cup chopped green onions
1 package chicken flavored ramen noodles crushed. Reserve seasoning packet for dressing
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons oil
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onions and uncooked ramen noodles.
- For the dressing, combine ramen seasoning packet, vinegar, sugar and oil in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until served.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add chicken, tuna, tofu, nuts or other sources of protein.
- Use any kind of vinegar or substitute lowfat Italian dressing for the dressing ingredients.
- Reduce sodium by leaving out the seasoning packet.