Corn & Tomato Salad
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size 1/2 cup
1 3⁄4 cups corn, (fresh cooked, frozen or canned and drained)
3 small tomatoes, diced (1 1/2 cups)
1⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Try cilantro instead of basil. Add chopped green or red peppers or zucchini.
- Serve this salad as a side dish or use as a filling for tacos, burritos or wraps.
- Make your own nonfat salad dressing by placing the ingredients below in a jar. Cover jar and shake well before adding to salad:
- 5 Tablespoons apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons wine or cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: onion powder, dried basil and dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon brown or yellow mustard