Veggie Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
Serving Size 1 quesadilla
12 soft corn tortillas (6 inches)
1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen/thawed, or canned/drained)
1⁄2 cup beans, black or pinto (canned or cooked; drained)
1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
CILANTRO YOGURT DIP
2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat large skillet over low heat (250 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Divide cheese, corn, beans, cilantro, shredded carrots and peppers between the tortillas, covering about half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half over the filling.
- Place one or two folded tortillas on a dry skillet and heat until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and cook other side until golden, about 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and repeat until all tortillas are heated.
- Mix together nonfat yogurt, cilantro and salt to make the dip.
- Cut each quesadillas intowedges and serve immediately with the dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.