Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes: 10 cups
Serving Size 1 cup
1 onion, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil
1 can (15.5 ounces) refried beans
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
2 cans (15.5 ounces) corn
1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, reduced sodium
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- Sauté onion and zucchini in oil until soft.
- Add refried beans and stir to break up beans.
- Add tomatoes, corn, black beans and taco seasoning.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- The more vegetables you add, the more nutrients! Try adding some of your favorites.
- Freeze leftovers for another meal.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.