Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size 1 cup
2⁄3 cup onion, diced
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth (see Notes)
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, unsalted
6 Tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- In a large pot saute onion in sesame oil until translucent; add garlic and chicken and stir to heat through.
- Add seasonings and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, tomato paste, tomatoes, and peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
- Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- For more peanut flavor, add chopped peanuts.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.